Friday, February 12, 2010

Trip to Asia Market for Chinese New Year Shopping!















 Hello Folks!



Today we went on a trip, which has become the annual "Asia Market" outing. Emily, Siyi, Angel, Sara and myself (Chef Debra) all piled into my little clown car and went off to the big store. Sara had never been there before and her fascination was truly endearing! We found two huge carts full of great, cheap stuff and held up the line. The place was SWARMING with people shopping for Chinese New Year, probably. Just as we were about to leave, I spotted a pretty fishy I just HAD to have. I wanted to try a recipe out on it that I thought the house might like. So I only bought one. Then I asked Sara to tote my fish around in a plastic bag. Fun times. She kept wiggling it and saying "I've got a Fish-eee!" LOL!
I won't be there to prepare the food for Chinese New Year (It'll be tomorrow, Saturday) I was just the gal with the credit card... ha ha. But that took work. We were there for about two hours, not including loading the kitchen, putting stuff away, or the initial meeting. These things take time, even if you aren't cooking- granted, I did also stock up on supplies for regular house meals! Potstickers, anyone? :D Jack will be doing alot of the prep work tomorrow, and Emily running the show. I think it'll be a hit! I also wanted to wish Siyi luck on her solo tonight! Good luck Siyi! I'm sorry I couldn't be there!
Enjoy the photos!



Thanks for reading!

Chef Debra

No comments:

Post a Comment